Monday 4 February 2013

Discouragement

It never ceases to amaze me how fast discouragement can set it. I can be truckin' along just fine and then WHAM! Discouragement. I need to figure out how to not let it get a hold of me. In my quest to simplify my life, and get back to the basics of what really matters, sometimes I can feel overwhelmed by little set backs or decisions as to what to weed out.
Over the weekend I struggled with the realization that my younger 3 boys had displayed a rudeness to one of the EA's at their school, when she asked a group of them to stop playing a game she felt was dangerous. I know it was dealt with because my Mom is the Vice-Principal and a teacher there, but it still really bothered me that they would display a behavior like that and it embarrassed me. Even though a stern talking to and an apology could fix it, it left me feeling deflated. This morning as the busyness of the morning took over, I had to really watch that I had forgiven and moved on, not bringing it up at the worst possible time.
However, today as I have the quietness of the house to myself, I will think on good thoughts, and listen to good music, as I bake a couple loaves of bread, wash, dry and fold 3 loads of laundry, and tackle an ironing pile that has plagued me for over two months. I know once I have completed my list, I will have a different perpsective on my day, and will have a visual reminder of accomplishment. Now, what to make for supper......

No comments:

Post a Comment